Tuesday 30 April 2013

portfolio visit 2

Actually I sent my portfolio as a PDF but was really excited about receiving feedback from Amy Ball. Amy is a standby art director [ a position I wish to achieve eventually] and she kindly let me shadow her on a drama I helped out on. Amy comes from an interior design background and has worked in many areas of production design from buying, prop making to set dressing. Her opinion and feedback has been the most relevant to my work so far.
The emailed response from her was overwhelming and has given a much needed confidence boost to end of my degree education.



Thank you so much for sending me your work to have a look at, after hearing about it - I really didn't not want to see it and I absolutely love it! You've done a great job, with such variety.  My favourite pieces being Brave New World cover design of the lighthouse and head, the colours and layout/style are really unique and striking.  A Day Out, personal where you've used mixed medium, has a lot of depth and messages in it which I like - the tones, tree structure and subtleness of the people are great.  The old school photos you've adapter are great too, I don't think you can ever go wrong when creating something that has real history in there, such emotion - its powerful in itself, yet you've made them look more interesting, and actually alive - it feels a real living moment as oppose to a past one with the colours/textures etc you've adopted (if that makes sense).  Your props makes are super, you are a natural - if I had a little one I'd be requesting to purchase the toadstool from you :) Your portfolio demonstrates such a range of techniques, medias, skills and talent!

So are you happy with everything?  You should be.  When do you get your results..  Wish I could have come to see your exhibition but still glad I've had a sneak peak :)

You are a super woman for achieving all this, as well as being a full time mum and jumping on Tv jobs - I really don't know how you do it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment